Vanilla Bourbon Pecan Pie Blondies
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cup creamy unsalted almond or pecan butter or a mix of both! I use Georgia Grinders or Trader Joe’s brands because they’re thinner and runny inconsistency
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bourbon extract can be found at Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans and/ or chocolate chips
- A handful of raw toasted pecans for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. The batter should be somewhat thick and smooth.
- Add in chopped pecans and/or chocolate chips and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into a lined or oiled square baking dish. Make sure batter is even in the pan – use a spatula to smooth out if necessary.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until mostly set. Place a toothpick in the center and should come out mostly dry (it’s ok if a little batter sticks – that means it’ll be a more fudgy consistency which is what you want!)
- Add a handful of pecans to a lined baking sheet and place in the oven (also at 350 degrees F) for 5-7 minutes until toasted (be careful not to burn!). These will be for topping the blondies!
- Remove blondies and toasted pecans from the oven when done.
- Add toasted pecans on top of blondies while blondies are still hot (gently press them into the top of the blondies)
- Let blondies cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled cut into squares and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: Blondies can be reheated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and served with vanilla ice cream!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!