Chocolate Pumpkin Almond Bread Pudding
This recipe has been adapted from Chloe Coscarelli’s Chocolate-Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe in the New York Times.
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 15 oz can organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I use Guittard
- 5 cups cubed almond bread or gluten-free bread of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar for coating and topping
- Make almond bread using my recipe or find a good gluten-free/paleo bread
- Cube bread and set 5 cups aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix coconut milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, salt, and all spices listed in a bowl in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Pour mixture on top of cubed bread in a large mixing bowl. Add in chocolate chips. Slowly fold everything to combine.
- Grease the bottom of each ramekin with a little butter or oil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp coconut sugar on the bottom of each ramekin. Place bread pudding mixture in each ramekin. Press down with a spoon so it’s nicely packed. Top with a little more coconut sugar so it helps crystallize in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until the top is browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!