[Bhutta Masala] Cornbread Muffins
Note: Instructions include options for both American and Indian style cornbread muffins!
- 1 cup blanched fine almond flour I prefer Bob’s Red Mill brand
- 1/3 cup coconut flour I prefer Bob’s Red Mill brand
- 2 tsp grain-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or red chili powder if making Indian style only; add more if you like a lot of heat. Add less if your cayenne powder is stronger or if you can’t handle a lot of heat. You can always sprinkle more on top as a garnish later once baked
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika optional – if making Indian style only. Gives it a smoky flavor
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala optional – if making Indian style only
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee melted
- 3 pasture-raised eggs beaten
- For Topping Each Individual Muffin:
- Grassfed salted butter
- Pinch of red chili powder for color If making Indian style only
- 3-4 leaves of cilantro chopped if making Indian style only
- A small squeeze of fresh lime juice if making Indian style only
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with 9-10 muffin cups or parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients (including spices if making Indian style) together in a mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Mix all wet ingredients together separately.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until fully combined. This is your batter.
- Pour muffin batter into muffin tin (3/4 way full)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To eat Indian style: Once cooled to room temperature, top each muffin with a pat of salted butter, pinch of chili powder, chopped cilantro, and a small squeeze of lime. Eat immediately and enjoy it!
- To eat American style: Once cooled to room temperature, top each muffin with a pat of salted butter and an extra drizzle of honey (optional). Eat immediately and enjoy it!
- Mumbai street food, bhutta style cornbread, bhutta masala cornbread, cornbread muffins, grain-free cornbread muffins, paleo cornbread muffins, paleo Indian cornbread muffins, Indian style cornbread muffins, Indian street food, street food
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!