Indian Roasted Napa Cabbage Steaks
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil melted ghee, or avocado oil
- Straus European Style Yogurt full fat to drizzle (optional)
- Chopped cilantro and squeeze of lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix all spices, garlic, ginger and oil in a bowl. Set aside. This is your marinade for the cabbage.
- Wash and dry the cabbage whole.
- Cut the cabbage lengthwise into quarters, and place it on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Coat all sides of cabbage quarters with marinade.
- Place cabbage quarters, cut sides down, on preheated and lined baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Turn cabbage quarters onto other side and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Heat broiler to high. Brush cabbage quarters with a little extra oil if it looks dry. Broil 3 minutes or until browned and caramelized.
- Remove from oven when finished and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with yogurt and garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lemon. Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!