By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots and/or peas optional
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 green chili or dried red chili
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp urad dal omit if Paleo
- A few raw unsalted cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- A handful of chopped cilantro for garnish
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice to taste
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into florets and spread it on a paper towel. let it dry.
- Roast for 30 mins at 425 degrees F
- Remove from the oven when done.
- Once cauli is cooled, shred it using a food processor until it has the consistency of cooked semolina or cream of wheat (fine grain texture).
- Meanwhile, on medium heat, add oil to a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let them temper (they will pop in the heat).
- Once the mustard seeds are finished popping, add curry leaves, raw cashews, and chili (and urad dal if you want). Let it all brown in the oil.
- After 1-2 minutes, add veggies and sauté until cooked.
- Finally, add cauliflower from the food processor into the pan and mix everything well. Taste and adjust salt and spices as needed.
- Garnish with cilantro and fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!