Almond Bread Stuffing with Apples, Pecans & Currants
By Shivangi Rao
- 3/4 of a loaf of Almond Bread OR 3 cups of gluten-free or grain-free bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 granny smith apple cored, peeled, and chopped finely
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped finely
- 1 celery stick chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dried currants
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp of ghee or butter or coconut oil divided into 4-5 parts – I use Pure Indian Foods Italian Ghee
- Make the Almond Flour Bread OR find a high-quality grain-free/gluten-free bread.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop apple (cored and peeled as well), onion, and celery and set aside.
- Chop 3/4 of the loaf of bread into 3/4 inch cubes (or until you have 2-3 cups of cubed bread pieces)
- Take a baking dish and place the bread pieces in the dish. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until brown and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and set aside. Turn oven off.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil and saute the onions and celery with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Saute until it is well cooked and onions are golden brown.
- Dump onion & celery mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add in toasted bread and apple pieces. Mix everything well.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F again.
- Place all of this in a greased baking dish (I coated the bottom of my baking dish with olive oil). Top with 4-5 parts divided from 1 tbsp of ghee or butter.
- Place in oven covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pecans and currants.
- Place in oven again uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!