Paleo Cast Iron Skillet Green Bean Casserole
- 12 oz trimmed green beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp garlic ghee or oil of choice
- Prepare creamy mushroom soup and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lined baking sheet, place trimmed, washed, and dried green beans.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper on green beans and toss until coated evenly.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, slice one yellow onion lengthwise finely.
- Place 1 tbsp garlic ghee on a cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add sliced yellow onions, paprika, arrowroot flour, and a pinch of salt to cast iron skillet.
- Saute on medium-high for several minutes. Onions should be dark brown/caramelized and should be crispy from the arrowroot flour when they are done.
- Remove onions on a plate. Set aside.
- Remove green beans from the oven.
- Pour 3 cups of creamy mushroom soup into cast iron skillet
- Dump green beans from the baking sheet into cast iron skillet.
- Make sure they’re coated well with the soup.
- Place in oven again for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F until bubbly and hot.
- Remove skillet from the oven. Top with pan-fried onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!