Masala Pumpkin Soup
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 can of full-fat organic coconut milk
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 inch ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp date sugar if you can tolerate regular sugar, use brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Pinch of dried fenugreek leaves kasoori methi
- Pumpkin seeds and/or coconut cream for garnish
- Place pot on the stove on medium heat.
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and stir until it begins to combine.
- Add in all spices, ginger, salt, pepper and stir well on medium heat for 10 minutes or until fully heated and spices dissolve.
- Add in lemon juice and dried fenugreek leaves towards the end. Stir for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and/or extra coconut cream on top. Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!